My Story – Ashley CoonsDecember 5, 2016
School Information for Children at Romney MeadowsDecember 5, 2016
Nothing beats a night out with the kids. But when it’s all said and done, you can end up spending a ton of money all in one night! Luckily, there are a ton of things to do in Lafayette, Indiana that cost hardly any money at all. Check out these four things you can do with the kiddos that won’t leave your wallet light.
1. Enjoy the outdoors.
Lafayette and Tippecanoe County are filled with a ton of fun places to enjoy nature without breaking the bank.
- Fairfield Lakes Park, north of Dayton, is a collection of four reservoirs that offer excellent fishing and hiking.
- Wabash Heritage Trail features over 13 miles of peaceful walking and biking trails through West Lafayette.
- Clegg Botanical Garden, is a large prairie situated near Wildcat Creek that features natural Indiana plants, flowers, and wildlife.
- Happy Hollow Park in West Lafayette is the perfect place to have an outdoor party. There are play areas, grills, shelters, volleyball courts, and trails.
2. Satisfy your curiosity.
Imagination Station, located in historic downtown Lafayette, offers both children and adults the chance to explore their curiosity about science and space. In addition to housing amazing displays, Imagination Station frequently hosts events to explore science and technology.
Meanwhile, the Columbian Park Zoo allows you to satisfy your curiosity about animals. Experience the wildlife of different regions of the world like Australia! All while enjoying a fun day at the park for FREE!
3. Enjoy some classic family fun.
Is there any family activity more classic than bowling or a movie? Lafayette has some great venues to do both. Star Lanes and Market Square Lanes both offer a fun, family-friendly environment to go bowling. Lafayette and West Lafayette also features several nice movie theatres. Theatres like Eastside 9, for example, have rewards programs for frequent moviegoers!
4. Experience local and international art.
For a relatively small area, Greater Lafayette features quite a wide range of art attractions.
- The Art Museum of Greater Lafayette offers a myriad of artwork, both from around the world and around the city. The museum is open in the afternoons and is free of charge.
- The Tippecanoe Arts Federation (TAF) is the umbrella organization that oversees the art council for fourteen counties in Indiana. TAF puts on exhibitions and community events throughout the year, to promote different art forms.
- If you’re more of a fan of the performing arts, check out the Slayter Center for Performing Arts. This amazing amphitheatre is located on the campus of Purdue and can hold 20,000 people.
Every family needs a night out every now and then. However, the cost of entertainment today can be outrageous! Thankfully, there are a ton of fun things to do on a budget in Lafayette, Indiana. Next time you plan a family night, you don’t have to break the bank.